Back to recipes
Grilled gilthead sea bream
for 4 persons
Chef's tip :
Good accompaniments to the fish are potatoes and rosemary, grilled vegetables and salad. If you don't like garlic, you can omit it from the marinade.
- 4 gilthead sea bream (250g each)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- Olive oil for basting
- 50 ml high-quality olive oil
- 1 small bunch of parsley 2 lemons, untreated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Descale and wash the bream or buy it ready to cook from your fishmonger. Cut one of the lemons into slices.
- Season the fish inside and out with salt and pepper and stuff with sprigs of thyme and rosemary as well as the lemon slices. Brush both sides of the bream with olive oil and grill in a pan over a medium heat for around 10–15 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fish). The bream is cooked when its dorsal fin can be pulled out easily.
- While the fish is grilling, peel the garlic and either crush with a crusher or finely chop. Remove the parsley from its stalks and chop finely. Make a marinade from the garlic and parsley using the olive oil, salt, pepper and some juice and rind of the lemon.
- Pour the marinade over the grilled bream to serve.
To make this recipe, we suggest: