Back to recipes
Veal Roast with Woodland Mushrooms
for 6 persons
Chef's tip :
The pan can be deglazed with a little water if necessary.
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) cushion or hind of veal
- 1 ox bone or tail
- 1 large yellow onion
- 400 g (14 oz) wild mushrooms
- 60 g (2 oz) butter
- salt and ground black pepper
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Melt the butter in the cocotte and add the ox bone or tailchopped into small pieces. Add the chopped onion and brown for approx. 5 min.
- Then add the veal and brown it on all sides. Cover and reduce the heat.
- Whilst simmering, wash and drain the mushrooms, then put them into the cooker 20 minutes before the meat is cooked; season with salt and ground pepper.
- Once cooked, slice the veal and serve hot with the mushroom garnish and the cooking juices (these may be deglazed with a little water beforehand).
To make this recipe, we suggest: